S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Stories

you were probably ready beforehand cuz clearsky is a prequel to the game.

I want to catch the references to the original game in Clear Sky.

i've heard the marsh bloodsuckers in clear sky can grab you and throw you into marsh.

Heh, biggest gaming store here in Sweden lists Clear Sky as a "Standalone Expansionpack" rather than a 'prequel/sequel' in its own right, and I think that's fair.

I think I might give this game another chance... I remember hating that radiation mechanics and relics are never explained, who you are and what the fk you are even there for is never explained, all you get is random missions from NPC's that don't seem to matter, you have to constantly pick up guns and extract the bullets from them then throw them back down on the ground unless yours is already more broken, the guns shoot all over the place but on your crosshair and even if you manage to hit an enemy if it wasn't in the head it doesn't even count because they can take like a hundred body shots...

That Chernobyl mission in CoD 4 sure was awesome, though... but thanks to stupid dumb**** Punkbuster not working with my router I can't play multiplayer so I need another game! ;( So hopefully I can find mods to Stalker that get rid of those things I hate, haha. Some of them...

Anyway, here's my Stalker story that I remember... I got myself trapped in a building with a ****ing army outside aware of my presence and no saves I was willing to go back to before that point. So, yeah, pretty much a quicksave/quickload fest of picking off the entire army one by one. Running wasn't an option since it was in a walled compound complete with gates and sniper towers. Not my best day.

I'm thinking of getting this, though it looks like it might be a bit industrial/silent hill sort of, like always set in dark places and factories.

New Total Conversion Released: Oblivion Lost

Patch Version Required: Made for 1.0005 - Works with 1.0004.

Features:

FREEPLAY
- New level changers (Stancia2 to Control Room, Control Room to Sarcophagus, Sarcophagus to Stancia1, Stancia1 to Pripyat, Cordon to Dark Valley and a new Radar to Bunker)
- Removed the scripted blowout from Stancia1 and the dead zone from Stancia2, so you can explorate the whole Power Plant
- The last portal teleports the actor to the court, so the game is open-ended
A-LIFE
- Now almost everything can be happened, there's a chance to meet any NPC's on other levels
- Sometimes the army raids, sometimes not, this is totally random, too
- The mutants are making their ways through pass the Zone in big hordes
- The mutants are entering places what they aren't entered before, so there's an increased chance to meet them in human-being places
REALISM
- All weapons are strongers and well-balanced
- Almost to all weapons be able to attach addons
- Added realistic sounds to the weapons, rounds, ammos, materials, environment
- NPC's are bleeding, if they are hurted then fall down to the ground, and if they don't receive any medkits about a minute, then they die
- Bandages and foods don't heal the actor
- The average bleeding don't stop by itself, only the minor
- Added realistic head-bobbing to the actor when he is heavily wounded
- Well-balanced armor degradation
- The crosshair is reduced to a dot
- Reduced HUD and removed NPC counter
STEALTH
- The NPC's can't notice the actor during night if his flashlight is turned off
- If the actor turns on the flashlight, then his enemies spot him immediatelly
- Reduced the sound volume of the Knife, now it's a dangerous and invisible weapon during night, presumably the NPC's won't notice the actor if he is smart enough
WEATHER
- There are 24 hours cycle weathers in all levels
- The night is dark and scary
- Restored the Sun and the Moon
- Atmospheric sky textures
BLOWOUT
- The blowout is totally random, you never know that when it will start
- The blowout spawns mutants and artifacts in random places
- The NPC's are falling down when the blowout starts, and they stunned to the ground when it explodes, also the actor is slowered and has got some minor effectors
- The blowout is dark at night and shiny at daylight
- If the weather is rainy, then the blowout increases the intensity of the rain, the thunders and the wind
MUTANTS
- Added all cutout mutants (Dwarf, Chimera, Cat, Zombie, Izlom)
- They have got so many different types of skins
- Added the Psy Dog as a new mutant (with attack effector)
- Two boss enemy characters (Burer and Koshei) - you can kill them with special methods
VEHICLES
- Added all drivable vehicles (Niva, Zaz, Kamaz, Tractor, UAZ, BTR, Moskvich)
- The vehicles aren't floating
- Well-balanced driving properties
- Added realistic engine and gear sounds to the UAZ
ARTIFACT ACTIVATION
- This is a method of transforming the artifacts created by an anomaly back to the anomaly they were originally created in
- Each artifacts have got different HUDs
MISCELLANEOUS
- Replaced main menu music
- Main menu from the 2215 beta
- Added the "Turn on the engine" to the options/controls
- NPC's can buy everything from the actor but in very low prices
- All traders can repair
- New stalker and weapon textures
- More types of skins of stalkers and bandits
- Sleeping bag
- Replaced some dialog sounds to russian
- Added some songs to the camping stalkers

Download:
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Oblivion_Lost;86329

I am downloading this mod as I type this out. As soon as it is finished, I will be installing it & then heading ingame to test. I'll post more once I have had a chance to play it. I only posted this here so that others could try it out as well.

-MRG

I've been playing oblivion lost and beware of random blowout whenever you enter new areas.

I have only been playing the Oblivion Lost TC for around 20 mins, so it's obvious I can't give an accurate impression of all that is offered. That being said however, from what I have so far played, it seems to be a very well made mod.

The enemy creature textures are great. Those boar type creatures at the very start of the game, look amazing & their eyes have just a slight dull yellow glow. Creepy as it starts to get dark.

Weapon damage seems to be hit & miss. For the most part, head shots are lethal, for both NPC's as well as creatures, which I was happy to see, though body shots take an insane amount of damage, but that might be because I am playing on "Hell" difficulty.

I got a downright nasty shock when I went to get the suit for Nimble. What happens when you meet the creature thats guarding the suit, is simply an awesome addition to the game IMHO. I got OWNED, really fast.

I like the weapon sounds & the skins look great. The sawed-off you get at the very start works perfectly. For anyone here that has actually fired a sawed-off, such as I have (Shhh! Illegal) will be able to attest to that. The gun is now a TRUE close range only weapon.

The graphics... I can't place my finger on exactly what it is, but I think they look great. They kind of look... soft, for lack of a better word, but still crisp & sharp at the same time. I can only imagine what the game looks like on Maximum settings, but when I set it to that, I get like 20fps.

As I said above, I have not gotten very far yet, so as far as game play bugs go, I couldn't say , but I can say that I like this mod/TC the best of any I have so far tried.

I would get Fraps up & running, but I don't want to ruin any surprises.

-MRG

I'm thinking of getting this, though it looks like it might be a bit industrial/silent hill sort of, like always set in dark places and factories.

You will love the game, and any problems you come across, will most likely have a mod out that will address it. I advise you to buy it as soon as you can.

-MRG

yes please MRG =) I want to see some wilderness roaming in pitch black, just put a video in spoiler tags.

I wish they'd release the singleplayer SDK already, I want to replace the vanilla weapons with more accurate models(With ejection port on rightside >_<)

yes please MRG =) I want to see some wilderness roaming in pitch black, just put a video in spoiler tags.

I don't know where to begin. I am having a simply sinful amount of fun playing Stalker with the Oblivion Lost Mod installed. Please watch the game trailer below. It's for the vanilla version of the game. Sorry Vectyr, but I'm not going to ruin it for you, by taking a video of me running through the wilderness. I just really advise you to Beg, Steal, Buy or Borrow a copy of the game & then play it for yourself. The below trailer does a good job of giving you an idea. Is anyone else here running the Oblivion Lost TC? If you are, what did you hear as it started to get dark while exploring? The dev was not kidding when he said night time was creepy. While exploring, I kept hearing all sorts of creepy S.h.i.t. On the wind, I kept hearing what I thought to be a guy screaming for help. It's hard to explain how it sounded. It sounded like the guy was calling from far off in the distance. When I got to where I thought the sound came from, I came across a Cross above a grave out in the middle of knowhere. Then I was ambushed by a pack of those boar creatures.

Oblivion Lost just keeps getting better & better.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/320370/s_t_a_l_k_e_r_shadow_of_chernobyl_game_trailer/

-MRG

Is there any freeroam mod out that completely removes the story yet?

Thus would allow for full unrestricted A-Life..

Wow that clip of those boar things draggin' that guy away looks pretty mean, does lots of unscripted stuff like that happen?

Yes.
---
So I just installed faiakes's mod. Now how big are the changes? Is it like substance mod/SMOD for hl2, where it's just for some people's preferences or is it like OOO mod for Oblivion, where it's compulsory.

Meh, all the mods out right now are small-scale compared to when the new version of the AMK mod comes out anyway, when it does(In English) I will reinstall STALKER.:)

I downloaded the Oblivion Lost mod a few days ago and played for a few hours. I'm not the best person to compare it with the unmodded game, cause I haven't played it for a few months. Anyway:

First thing I do after I get out of the trader's place, I accept a mission from Wolf, then head for the main road. I take a look to the right, spot 2 soldiers, they spot me and start closing in with their AKs pointed in my direction. Somehow the Stalker camp in already aware of their presence and the stalkers start taking up positions etc. A firefight starts and reinforcements come from the military base. I head for the roof of one of the houses in the camp and start picking off soldiers from there. A few minutes later everything goes quiet and it turns out I'm the only one alive, bar one of the stalkers that's critically wounded, yelling for help, unable to get up. I buy a medkit from the trader and hand it to the stalker, who thanks me and goes on his way.

I decide to check the military base for any more personnel and encounter two soldiers. After they're dead I grab an APC and drive it to meet up with the stalkers that Wolf (first stalker to die in the shootout BTW) asked me to get in touch with.

I'll write some more later. Mod seems fine so far, but the blowouts are annoying. I usually just quickload when one starts (they tend to start after changing locations or after loading the game).

I tried that Faiakes Mod with patch 1.0004. I started a new game on Master and that Wolf guy is standing in a line with 4 other guys, staring straight into a fence and I can't talk to him. When I knife them it kills them in 1 hit though which is better.

Brilliant.

*uninstalls entire game*

if you'd waited a few min, they would have gone back to normal. Infact that has been mentioned.

I'm going to be very lazy....

Can anyone suggest decent mods which

-increase the amount I can carry
-increase weapon accuracy
-decrease armour decay

THANKS. I hate the Stalker filefront website and as such I'd rather not navigate it.

I like RPGs that give you the freedom to move around alot and where yuo dont get confined to one route. I know the outside areas will be great for that, but what about the inside?

How much of the game is indoors?

There are a couple of laboratories, which are all inside and take about an hour to beat. They're really bitchy too.
Plus there are a lot of houses and shit.. It's quite nice.

The labs can take 15 minutes if you don't get scared and move slowly. They are REALLY short!

Just finished X18. Sadly found it to be less scary than just running around at night, which can be downright freaky.

-MRG

X18 is no big deal, but some people say it's the scariest part of the game.

Is there any freeroam mod out that completely removes the story yet?

Thus would allow for full unrestricted A-Life..

Indeed I heard patch 1.1 is going to support freeplay after you get one of the endings or something like that. Release date is not yet known.

Post more stories guy I'm really interested in this game.

I just got that oblivion mod. It seems alright though I'm only into first 2 min.s of the game. The only thing I wish was still the same was the zoom when you right click on the pistol.

about the new monsters in lost oblivion...

WTF is izlom?

and that dog uses psy attack is very very annoying. i wasted all my pistol bullet on that damn thing, imagine packs of them attacking you at the same time...

/\ lol love the stabbing at the end, whats your rig unfocused?

/\ lol love the stabbing at the end, whats your rig unfocused?

My rig's pretty crap :p

PIV 2,8Ghz
1,5GB RAM
6800GS

Framerates in the video seem smoother than they actually were during recording (15-20 fps). Static lightning of course.

My rig's pretty crap :p

PIV 2,8Ghz
1,5GB RAM
6800GS

Framerates in the video seem smoother than they actually were during recording (15-20 fps). Static lightning of course.

My rig's about the same tbh.

Might give this mod a try.

Has anyone played the Priboi Story mod? It's been recently released afaik.

My rig's about the same tbh.

Might give this mod a try.

If you're concerned about the performance - I don't recall the game running any different without the mod. I've also got that Float32 thingy installed

Cool video Unfocused. :thumbs:

I have been reading about Float32. What exactly does it do for STALKER?

-MRG

Has anyone played the Priboi Story mod? It's been recently released afaik.

If you're concerned about the performance - I don't recall the game running any different without the mod. I've also got that Float32 thingy installed

I'll download the Mod & try it out. Then i'll post info as to how it plays.

Update: - I went to the "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Priboi Story" main website & read up on the mod they have released or should I say Total Conversion they have released. I must say, it looks to be quite impressive. I have copy & pasted the features below:

New features:

- New main menu theme.
- You start the game in a different place.
- You are a Military Lieutenant.
- No "shoc" storyline (99% ripped, 1% left for old non-storyline missions)
- New story, but with freeplay from the beginning without restrictions.
- New story quests and side quests (a lot).
- Unique timed missions
- New cut-out documents.
- New hud.
- New inventory.
- Tougher enemies.
- Old cut-out stuff with different descriptions.
- New dialogs and new possibilities.
- New outlook from a different character.
- You will meet Strelok, Doc and many others from the Marked One's story.
- Food items won't restore as much health as before.
- Edited sounds (no one will call you Marked One etc.)
- New outro and new intro video (please don't use "-nointro" for the first time)
- The Military begins as friendly towards you.
- The Duty and Loners begin as neutral towards you.
- The Bandits, Freedom, Monolith, and Mercenaries begin as enemies towards you.
- Mercenary base at Agroprom (The former military base...)
- You will have a house at Cordon village with doors, furnitures, and lockers.
- New monsters and blowout descriptions.
- Full day-night cycle at Pripyat, Radar, Yantar, Stancia1 and Stancia2.
- You can go through the main gate in the Stadium at Pripyat.
- Some level changers were moved, so you can explore the levels a bit more.
- Reworked level graphics - you will notice more green stuff, flowers, and objects.
- No blowout at Stancia1, so you can explore the level a bit more.
- Random blowouts and less psy emissions.
- No dead-zone at Stancia2, so you can explore the level from the ground.
- Be aware! The radiation is your invisible enemy, you can't see it with your eyes!
- Added a lot of monsters and artifacts at Stancia2, so be prepared for fight.
- You can go back from Stancia2 to Monolith's War lab, and the Sarcophagus.
- At Stancia 2 you can use the removed ladders, so you can climb to the roofs,
or to the other chimney of the reactor block 1 & 2! (good for sniping)
- Because we thought that the teleports are a way too futuristic for this game
you can use the ladders to climb up to the roof instead of the teleports.
- From Sarcophagus, you can go back to Stancia1.
- From Stancia1 you can go back to Pripyat (as in the free play story mod)
- There was a secret monolith base at Radar level, check the PDA for a level
changer. From there you can go to X10, it's just an alternative route but faster.
- Added a lot of cut out monsters to every level.
- Added a lot of vehicles to almost every level.
- Fixed the floating vehicles issue
- New sound effects at the Sarcophagus (as in freeplay mod)
- BTR windows can be opened with "L" button
- New bar music (old radio spots and musics)
- Hidden documents! (You will have to use your wits to find them hehe.)
- Restored some code doors, and you need to find more codes to open doors.
- Edited smart-terrains.
- More "war" between the factions.
- Sleeping (With AMK sleepbag that you will need to buy from the traders)
- Detector devices and other useful stuff.
- You can sell anything to NPCs, but they will buy things for lower prices.
- You can carry barrels and explosives (grenade icon)
- Blockpost Commander, Barman and Petrenko will trade almost everything
- You can apply for tasks at the Blockpost Commander but you will get the new
storyline missions as soon as you finish the current one.
- There will be a locker for you in the bathroom, so use it to store your stuff
- Reworked PDA
- Because you are a well equipped military soldier, you will get a full Encyclopedia
section to learn things about the Zone and the factions.
- Restored the sun that was left out. (Thanks xStream for the help)
- Less generic skins for NPCs.
- Barmen, Petrenko can now repair your gear.
- Many more little changes (weapons, items, monsters...) that you will notice.
- You can sell your torch, bolt and other stuff, but then you can't use the
night vision or headlamp, until you buy a new torch, and also it's a good idea
to use the bolts, because of there are a lot of invisible anomalies...
- You can put a lot of stuff to your belt, like the carried explosives, devices,
some quest items, artifacts, and torches as in the "old stalker"...

The file is 220mb & I advise you to download it from the following link, as I spent time trying to get it elsewhere & it was a long drawn out process for only a slow d/l connection. There is also an update for the mod as well be sure to get. They are listed on the main website below.

Official Website:
http://priboi-story.extra.hu/

Download:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/28816e/

-MRG

Back