Striders - can be killed

Hmm thats funny. He's said they can be killed but he didn't say how lol :s

Chainsaw their legs off?
Get someone to crouch behind one of them and give it a nudge?

Maybe they're immune to rockets and they require another weapon for their destruction

maybe you need to lure them near high voltage electrical sources and switch them on....or maybe you need to use your tactical mapping skills to call in waves of air strikes! hmmm... now that seems familiar.... I think that was done in a game somewhere, let me think......oh well, but Valve better watch out if they intend to use these methods as I think it would be plaigirism.... or is that only for written material?

I reckon it'll be like when you fought the flamethrower armed alien big guy in original Half-Life. Like you'll need to do something other than firing weapons on it, i.e elctricute it, airstrike etc. I mean you could kill those big guys with enough ammo, I know I did but I was left with hardly any ammo afterwards.

Since all valve did was shoot random crap at it, and then a lot of rockets I would guess rockets kill them. Or it is like the original half-life and you need to do some weird puzzle.

Maybe you have to throw your crowbar into the barrel of its gun and then it will explode.

Or maybe you have to jump on its head three times while dodging the hammers it throws?

Foxtrot said:
Or maybe you have to jump on its head three times while dodging the hammers it throws?

Ahem... you mean disintegration beam thingy.

*hides from nintendo*

You probably have to knock it off its legs or something, shoot a rocket into its leg and watch it collapse. :thumbs:

after you collect 66 souls, you become an all-powerful demon temporarily, and during this time you can kill striders.

I remember an interview somewhere where a player recalled blasting a strider with a rocket and watching "the life seem to drain out of it". He/she was very complimentary of the animations. Don't remember where that interview was though. :/

Something I'd try would be to use the grav-gun and open lids on every (sorry, what do you call 'em - those "holes" in the street - you know, leading down to the sewers or similar ??) - well, "those", I could find - trying to trick the Strider to step down with one of its legs in one. (I wonder if it would be able to get up - if this was possible that is ?)

Incoming said:
Something I'd try would be to use the grav-gun and open lids on every (sorry, what do you call 'em - those "holes" in the street - you know, leading down to the sewers or similar ??) - well, "those", I could find - trying to trick the Strider to step down with one of its legs in one. (I wonder if it would be able to get up - if this was possible that is ?)
A manhole.

lol im not telling anything more than that tho

-merc

merc said:
I have killed a strider before :)

-merc

Heh, nice. Just don't give in and tell anyone about it, no matter how much people beg you. Would ruin the surprise.

Edit: Ah, I see your not. Good, good.

Foxtrot said:
A manhole.

Hehe, thanks man. I searched like everywhere for that word - plowed through THREE d*mn*d dictionarys but found nothing. (Now I'm gonna print my own complete dictionary and earn millions - then I'm gonna buy Valve and all their copys of H-L 2, and double the price. And you know what - you're still gonna buy it and I'll earn more millions ! Mwwuuahhahahaha.) :cheese:

BTW, you all have Foxtrot to blame - he laid the groundworks for it right there.

And yeah, remind me to invalidate all free H-L 2 coupons too...

OT- Is it just me, or does the HL2 Fallout community post way more immature answers to the subject opposed than this site.

You fly around its legs with a cable attached to the back of your spaceship and eventually it will trip over.

HybridM said:
You fly around its legs with a cable attached to the back of your spaceship and eventually it will trip over.
That is what I was expecting in ROTK lol.... :naughty:

throw saw blades at their legs with the manipulator!

ive got it!!

shoot open its "crotch panel" then all you need is one well placed bullet.

im right, aint i merc?

I think you'll have to physically have to knock it over, so it can't get back up again. Just nudge a car towards it and it'll trip up :).

i pray often for a gargantua vs strider scene in the game. everyone should

you prolly use the environment, like blowing up a pillar maybe at a weak point and having it fall on him....

I am pretty sure you just shoot a whole bunch of rockets...

honestly... with the physics engine and all I would say just shoot one of its legs with a rocket... maybe a few or something

MrWhite said:
honestly... with the physics engine and all I would say just shoot one of its legs with a rocket... maybe a few or something
Wow, I think it would take one hell of a shot to hit its leg...but maybe I am wrong.

there's got to be a sweet spot somewhere on that thing, i'm thinking between the legs.....but may be you need a specific weapon

merc said:
I have killed a strider before :)

-merc
Did the experience of doing this "take you out of the game" and make the moment seem comical and ridiculous? What with that huge mountain of rockets that you must have needed and all... :E

How about this vague question: Can you tell us how long it took you? :angel:

I don't want to spend forever pounding away at Striders for hours on end like I was trying to kill a bunch of bosses or something - as exciting trying to kill something that tough might be...

Foxtrot said:
Wow, I think it would take one hell of a shot to hit its leg...but maybe I am wrong.

the rockets are lazer guided, it wont be too hard.

I know they are laser guided, that is still one ehck of a shot. Heck from my experiences it is hard to even hit the flying things.

Foxtrot said:
I know they are laser guided, that is still one ehck of a shot. Heck from my experiences it is hard to even hit the flying things.

and that makes striders such a thing to fear encountering :E

Back