Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Gunner said:
Jimbo:

" You can find a Boxville in Los Santos parked across the street to the South from the gym. It's about half way in the first garden, in front of the house. You'll also find a Boxville parked in an alleyway just in front of the Driving School in San Fierro. From the doorway of the driving school head North and navigate your way through the alley until you see the Boxville."

http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/sub-missions/index.php
thx i found one last night about a block south of cjs house but how do you find the houses, i pressed '2' to start the missions but no markers popped up on the radar for a house i could rob. :hmph:

Has to be night, you know? Can't rob houses in the day.

Do they speak in homie ALL THE TIME?

jimbo118 said:
thx i found one last night about a block south of cjs house but how do you find the houses, i pressed '2' to start the missions but no markers popped up on the radar for a house i could rob. :hmph:

Jimbo, the eastern section of Los Santos has some nice houses to rob, or the north east part near the VINEWOOD sign. The houses don't appear on your map but you see the yellow cones in front of some houses that let you know which ones you can enter and rob. If the house is an appartement complex don't bother, go for the rich man's villa. And steal every ****ing electronic appliance in there :LOL:

jimbo118 said:
lol, speaking of him, he just called me on my cell phone but i pressed return by accident, doh, it was right after the og loc mission to steal those rhymes from that rappers house, wonder what he said.

btw the game is great fun, im having a great time just cruising los santos, playing pool, basketball, going to the bookies, tatto parlour, barbers etc the gym etc, only just started the real missions, ie not the 'heres the controls' missions and ive probably played about 15 hours already. Thats damn good replay value.

also when do all the bars and stuff fully open, i was looking on the map and found 2 bars in the jefferson/los flores area but only 1 was open(other had no yellow marker), 1 was some strip club that i got shot at when i went in.

and wheres those damn robbery vans?AGH!!!

I'd have to agree. I've only managed about 6 hours so far, one hour every night this week roughly but I find myself just driving/riding/running around the place looking for new things. The missions are like an added bonus.

I can tell I'm gonna be playing this game for quite a while :D

Devvo said:
I'd have to agree. I've only managed about 6 hours so far, one hour every night this week roughly but I find myself just driving/riding/running around the place looking for new things. The missions are like an added bonus.

I can tell I'm gonna be playing this game for quite a while :D
yeah im having great fun and i havent even unlocked the other areas yet, btw anyone know areas in los santos to find the mountain bikes? i just found one after the stealing mad doggs ryhmes mission, they're great for keeing fit and improving stamina.

Gunner said:
Jimbo, the eastern section of Los Santos has some nice houses to rob, or the north east part near the VINEWOOD sign. The houses don't appear on your map but you see the yellow cones in front of some houses that let you know which ones you can enter and rob. If the house is an appartement complex don't bother, go for the rich man's villa. And steal every ****ing electronic appliance in there :LOL:
cool thanks.

jimbo118 said:
yeah im having great fun and i havent even unlocked the other areas yet, btw anyone know areas in los santos to find the mountain bikes? i just found one after the stealing mad doggs ryhmes mission, they're great for keeing fit and improving stamina.

cool thanks.
Do you mean just the normal cycling bikes? There's normally one parked near the front door of the house opposite CJ's house.

I wonder when people will start releasing custom models, it'll be cool to see some better bike designs, maybe make them look more like mountain bikes.

StardogChampion said:
Do you mean just the normal cycling bikes? There's normally one parked near the front door of the house opposite CJ's house.

I wonder when people will start releasing custom models, it'll be cool to see some better bike designs, maybe make them look more like mountain bikes.
no not the bmx's, you can get mountain bikes which are much faster and easier to control, more 'agile' if that makes sense.

yeah chiliad is the only place it spawns at it seems, not got that island open yet though.

Anyone done the Smoke's Crack House mission? It keeps crashing everytime at a random point through it. I got to one of the last cutscene's and it's gone and crashed again. I wouldn't mind but the mission takes ages to complete and it's crashed the last 5 times i've tried it.

Nooooooo!! The worst aspect of Vice City has just reared it's ugly head in San Andreas for me!!

I've just bought some RC shop in San Fierro and the first mission was quite fun with some kind of chain gun, but now I just went straight for mission 2 and it's an RC mission! *cries* The controls are just as shit (if not more so) as they were in Vice City. I mean I have 5 vehicles to destroy and I was almost down to 0 fuel with all 5 still driving about :(

It's not so hard.

Up/Down arrows - forward/back
W/S - up/down
A/D - strafe left/right
Q/E - spin left/right

The weapon has auto-aim too, so you just have to get the chopper pointed in the general direction of the truck.

craig said:
Nooooooo!! The worst aspect of Vice City has just reared it's ugly head in San Andreas for me!!

I've just bought some RC shop in San Fierro and the first mission was quite fun with some kind of chain gun, but now I just went straight for mission 2 and it's an RC mission! *cries* The controls are just as shit (if not more so) as they were in Vice City. I mean I have 5 vehicles to destroy and I was almost down to 0 fuel with all 5 still driving about :(

That's the easy RC mission, wait for the last one, and then you'll tear your hair out. I know I did :LOL:

What stopped me playing VC was that you had to complete the RC mission to advance, can you just leave them out in this one?

oldagerocker said:
What stopped me playing VC was that you had to complete the RC mission to advance, can you just leave them out in this one?

Probably not. That chopper mission in VC easily took me 30 attempts. ;(

Gunner said:
That's the easy RC mission, wait for the last one, and then you'll tear your hair out. I know I did :LOL:
Ugh, how many are there? I'm on the miniature one where you move barrels from in front of the car. I hate it so much

U have just did the misson where you unlock the next area, and you are in the mountains and you have to pick up the cousin of CV, now do I still go out with denise or do i have to finish here befor that moment.

And now for denise, I came to a point hwere she wants me to drive her, but I don't know what to do to amuse her, I was on a bike, and the enjoyment meter just emptied, I tried speeding but it din't work, wtf does she want.

Grey Fox said:
And now for denise, I came to a point hwere she wants me to drive her, but I don't know what to do to amuse her, I was on a bike, and the enjoyment meter just emptied, I tried speeding but it din't work, wtf does she want.

She seems to fancy drive-bys and dancing.

Are you sure, cause I know she wanted drive-bys in the beginning, but now I have completed her for 33%, and it only says that she wants to be driving, so are you sure that she still want's drive-bys.

Grey Fox said:
U have just did the misson where you unlock the next area, and you are in the mountains and you have to pick up the cousin of CV, now do I still go out with denise or do i have to finish here befor that moment.
I think the progress only goes down when you're in the same city as her, so I think you can forget about her for a while. She's not part of the story, that other chick is.

I finally finished the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can go explore and do some cool jumps without having the next mission lingering over me. Woot!

Ok, but i can still go back to her
Yeah, you can go back.

StardogChampion said:
I finally finished the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can go explore and do some cool jumps without having the next mission lingering over me. Woot!

Yeah, you can go back.

wow, you must have been playing alot then.

I got it for X-Box today (omg not for da PC!! tyme for flame!!), I love it. Bloody excellent. So big, too. I hitched a ride on the back of a freight train (I loved the train parts in GTA III, this is great, so much track) and jumped off in some deserted field in Red Country. Next thing I know, voooom! I get smacked half way across the road as I realised I'd just walked onto one of the freeways I'd heard about.

I've just done Sweet's Girl, stopped playing now but I'm already eager to carry on playing only having just got off it.

EDIT: Only thing I don't like about it is the rear-view camera buttons. I have to press white and black at the same time in order to look behind me for cops and stuff. Annoying. And when you hit something (wall, tree, whatever) and have to reverse, to slow.

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Ugh, how many are there? I'm on the miniature one where you move barrels from in front of the car. I hate it so much

That's the last one, of the most annoying missions in the game I'd say.

And here's a funny thing that happened a lil' while ago, I was tagging a graffiti on the freeway when this cop drives by, so he turns on his siren and pulls over like a dick... He caused a major pile-up :LOL:

I'm playing the Zero RC plane mission...
GODDDDAMMITTT F***IN PIECE A CRAP F***IN FLY FASTER WILL YA!!! AAAAGGGGGHH
:(

pomegranate said:
I'm playing the Zero RC plane mission...
GODDDDAMMITTT F***IN PIECE A CRAP F***IN FLY FASTER WILL YA!!! AAAAGGGGGHH
:(
The very first mission with him was really easy.
I guess you actually get to fly one then? Sweet.

Grey Fox said:
Are you sure, cause I know she wanted drive-bys in the beginning, but now I have completed her for 33%, and it only says that she wants to be driving, so are you sure that she still want's drive-bys.
You have to drive at a certain speed (not too fast, not too slow) around an area she likes. For Denise, just drive around the block a few times staying at about the speed everyone else drives.

Uhhh
I know it's verging on sacriledge, but is anyone else finding GTA:SA far more fun (RC plane missions aside) than (ahem) ...........Half-Life 2?

On a related note, here's a poser for you: What do you think we'll see first:
Black Mesa: Source, or Multi-Theft Auto: San Andreas ?

pomegranate said:
Uhhh
I know it's verging on sacriledge, but is anyone else finding GTA:SA far more fun (RC plane missions aside) than (ahem) ...........Half-Life 2?

On a related note, here's a poser for you: What do you think we'll see first:
Black Mesa: Source, or Multi-Theft Auto: San Andreas ?
I'm only about 20% into the game but i'm a little disappointed with it (GTA:SA) so far. It seems far too linear for a GTA game so far.

Sparta said:
I'm only about 20% into the game but i'm a little disappointed with it (GTA:SA) so far. It seems far too linear for a GTA game so far.

I guess that is one complaint you could pull up. The thing about the missions is, they feel to "on a rail" at times. But oh well.

You know what anoys me? In order too shoot with the chpper I would need 3 hands - left hand on the WSAD (going up/down), middle on the arrows (forward/backward) and right on the mouse (shooting missiles). I have only two, though... And I don't want to steer with the mouse as it's very easy for me to crash to chopper then.

finally got out of los santos last night, out in the 'sticks' now. Gotta get to the top of mount chiliad, glad i got outta los santos, it was getting boring, all the same places.

stinger.aim92 said:
You know what anoys me? In order too shoot with the chpper I would need 3 hands - left hand on the WSAD (going up/down), middle on the arrows (forward/backward) and right on the mouse (shooting missiles). I have only two, though... And I don't want to steer with the mouse as it's very easy for me to crash to chopper then.

Use shift and alt to fire from vehicles, it helps a bit with helicopters. They used to be so easy to use in Vice city :|

jimbo118 said:
finally got out of los santos last night, out in the 'sticks' now. Gotta get to the top of mount chiliad, glad i got outta los santos, it was getting boring, all the same places.
Just made it too. All the missions here so far are really far apart, a lot of emptiness. Still quite enjoying the game though.

Cormeh said:
Just made it too. All the missions here so far are really far apart, a lot of emptiness. Still quite enjoying the game though.
yeah i know, i need to buy some property, only got 20 grand.

Can you still go back to los santos or will you get shot?

also is san fierro open too?

jimbo118 said:
Can you still go back to los santos or will you get shot?

also is san fierro open too?

Yes, no, no.
I also thought that you shoulda been banned from LS, seeing as you were run out of town...

Back