Mind-Blowing Portal Video on GameSpot

motion sickness + vertigo =
Vomit.gif

That was insane! Just think of the possibilities to mess around and jump through portals...

Also lol @ "If at first you don't succeed, you fail." :LOL:

<3 WhiteZero. You're my hero!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

EDIT: Let's hope the debug command: Max_Portals "" Appears in there, so we can have more than one portal of each colour.
That would be ****ing intense!

I had my doubts, but that's very impressive, nothing like I anticipated.

<3 WhiteZero. You're my hero!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

EDIT: Let's hope the debug command: Max_Portals "" Appears in there, so we can have more than one portal of each colour.

Anytime chummers.

Yeah thanks WhiteZero, the highres one looks even better :thumbs:

Ok, on my crimbo list:

TF2
Portal

Pure fooking sex

The gravity gun feature is only for grabbing stuff, not shooting it away. And there is falldamage.

Just got told of the flaw in my idea about portals.

Well, you guys do all realize that Portal isnt it's own game, it's just a weapon for HL2 Ep2
At least thats what it looks like...

Well, you guys do all realize that Portal isnt it's own game, it's just a weapon for HL2 Ep2
At least thats what it looks like...
It is a seperate game, but it does find place in the Half-Life universe.

It is its own game:

Valve said:
Portal is a new type of single player game that changes how players approach, manipulate, and surmise the possibilities in a given environment in a manner similar to how the Gravity Gun changed our approach to how an object may be leveraged in any given situation.

Ah, I was just confused.
Those sentries look like something out of Ep 2

Slightly off-topic maybe: Seems though I see motion blur and dof, does anyone know if the Source engine will be upgraded to work with Dx10?

Let's hope the debug command: Max_Portals "" Appears in there, so we can have more than one portal of each colour.
Wouldn't that clone you?

This can never be in Episode 2. It would create the possibility of being able to see you (Gordon Freeman), against one of the cardinal rules of HL.

crazy, I want this! so cool, it looks like some sections will be really intense.

This can never be in Episode 2. It would create the possibility of being able to see you (Gordon Freeman), against one of the cardinal rules of HL.
You aren't Gordon Freeman. We don't even know if this is connected to the Half-Life universe.

You aren't Gordon Freeman. We don't even know if this is connected to the Half-Life universe.
Someone above asked if this was able to be a new weapon in Episode 2. I was disagreeing.

To your post of course I say, no durrr. ;)

Someone above asked if this was able to be a new weapon in Episode 2. I was disagreeing.

To your post of course I say, no durrr. ;)
Quote them then, otherwise it looks like you're making a standalone statement.

Finally finally finally Valve made it so you can see yourself with cameras. Mirrors ftw!

Oh, and the game looks kickass too.

Mark my words:

Like Doom 3's expansion ripping the gravity gun, Prey's expansion will rip the portal gun. They will justify it as "another alien weapon that they've always used".

Mark my words:

Like Doom 3's expansion ripping the gravity gun, Prey's expansion will rip the portal gun. They will justify it as "another alien weapon that they've always used".

Prey is more entitled to a portal gun than anyone.

The vid reminds me a little of Monkey Ball, in that the game is divided into different stages that have to be cleared to progress to the next.

Do you guys reckon the format will stay like this, or whether it'll be incoporated into a single player gamemore similar to HL2.

Back