Pimp My ride (Physics gun with welder)

I want to see some more movies of these cars. It's great bored-at-work entertainment!

We definately need a section on the site for people to show off these "creations"... I'm guessing just a save game would work as a way to make them available to others too right?

Some great stuff though so far, keep it up lol

Yeah, it would be awesome to see what people can make out of toying around with the physgun. If there was a special section where these creatons are presented, everyone could try them out instead of just see a screenshot or a movie.

- Demon_Fall

is there anyway we can increase the welding radius for each blob. it takes me forever to be able to maneuver an object to stick it with a part of the buggy.

Alot more is probably coming guys.

In the beta, some peeps made some sort of airplane, purely flying with physics engine. You could sit inside it, etc ;)

Well, will you look at that!

Just finishing up waxing my new pimpmobile, and look what happens! :p

- Demon_Fall

Attachments

• thats the ocean for ya'll.jpg
    thats the ocean for ya'll.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 626
@first post: good idea. looks funny. hehe
actually, it looks like a vehicle from some kind of an apocalyptic movie like mad max. this should make it into the mp. :)

someone should weld turrets to there car!
or weld a car to a strider or dropship or gunship!
that would be cool! or weld turrets to a strider!
or weld turrets to alyx! or alyx to a car and drive it of the edge!
dam i cant wait till i can tri thease out!

Alix Mcdean said:
Odd, seems someone cancled the mirrior :(
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3409381EC98287CD68177002144A3B0F

Theres a new one for you.
Checkout my latest movie after you watch that! :thumbs: :D

As for the map, its called Buildingblocks Beta2. Awesome map for just this sort of thing.
http://www.hl 2 world.com/bbs/dload.php?action=file&file_id=391
Remove the spaces and you gots teh link :)

-Alix

rofl fantastic videos, both of them.
thank you especially for uploading the first one just for me, I greatly appreciate that.

the best attempt i have made is making a battering ram on the front so i have extra reach to kill antlions in the highway seventeen mission

do you need 2 fix points to weld something together or can you use just the one

There are a few that you can manipulate. i don't know about welding though.

For some reason my red blobs aren't hitting the buggy--they just go right through... what am I doing wrong?

quelaar it just looks like you are trying to improse mods to become one :p

How do you get your reb blobs to stick on the buggy? Mine go straight THROUGH!

Only certain part are 'sticky'. You cannon put blobs on the bars around the bottom, the wheels (dammit, wanted to pull a Ben Hur on the Combine :D) the wheel arches and a few other bits, think some of the top bars.

I get this error

when I start half-life 2 with the jbmod i get this error

I installed it by putting the jbmod folder in (username)/half-life2/
and I put the command -game jbmod on the shortcut command line

Is there a way to make this file "server.dll" not in "debug mode"

I don't really know much about this kind of stuff

it sucks that the damn antlions can still stab me through all the armor plating.

and by armor plating i mean glued on tires and barrels

You should weld a big pike on front of the car so you can spice up the combines

And to upgrade that car, just weld on some explosive barrels and shoot em when you drive past a combine.

ps: Maybe weld some dead body's on it

There is a big pike, or rather two of them, but unfortunately they are near the mountain you climb to get to Nova Prospekt, so your buggy is left far, far behind.

I wonder if it's possible to weld stuff onto a car to make it aerodynamic enough to take off the ground?

Ah, but Source probably doesn't model air flow, damn.

I'm about to install the mod and pimp my ride.

pikes? turrets are way cooler!
and if ya weld a combine drop/gun ship on you can fly!

Kaen said:
There is a big pike, or rather two of them, but unfortunately they are near the mountain you climb to get to Nova Prospekt, so your buggy is left far, far behind.

sv_cheats 1
noclip

take pikes with manipulator
Fly to the place (fastest way)

This is by far...the greatest thing in gaming history I've ever seen...

thinking of getting the airboat out on d2_coast :)

probibly has more weilding spots then the buggy

Does anyone know the console command to spawn friendly turrets? Imagine the turrets blasting the crap out of everything while driving by.

ButtHoleMcGee said:
Does anyone know the console command to spawn friendly turrets? Imagine the turrets blasting the crap out of everything while driving by.
that is pretty much what i was trin to say!

someone plz post a pic of a turret mobile for me!
i dont got game yet

when i get game i'll weld platforms on both side of car with turrets weld on the platforms and a platform on back so you can carry things!
i'll make it like an armor pick-up truck with defence turrets
(can you weld things to NPC's? that would be cool to weld a turret to a combines head and watch he's head kill he's allies,
or weld a combine to the car and drag him around!)

I tried for like 30 mins to get this dead body to weld to my buggy, but the damn guy just kept spinning around and I couldnt get a red beam. I just got pissed off at him so I threw him off the cliff :)

You can to some NPCs, mostly metal ones. I havnt done it much but i know you can do it to scanners cause i stuck one to a wall when it wouldnt stop flashing me :p.

Is there any other place to get that building blocks map? Because that hl2world place doesn't allow registering apparently.

I covered mine in metal roat signs and left a little hole to look through, I AM INVINCIBLE!

ButtHoleMcGee said:
Oh My God. You have to see the vehicle I just made. Words cannot describe its actions.

My demo

I'd love to see your vehicle but the URL doesn't seem to work...

- Demon_Fall

Back